Monday, July 10, 2006



Washington to Virginia: July 2

We had to be up early for the 730 train to Virginia. Once again, we got up late, so we ended up taking a cab to Union Station. Then we totally got conned whne we walked through the door, that a guy had opened for us. And he made us give him one dollar! Sigh. I just felt we wasted a lot of money in DC overall. Eating when I didn’t feel hungry (though skipping meals probably wouldn’t have been a good thing), waking up late and having to take a cab? Felt like a total screw up!

We got in alright, though we stayed on the tracks for ½ hour due to some signalling screw up. But Doug waited for us even though we turned up 45 mins late! So sweet. He got us to the condo and then we bought him lunch at Panera (sp?) Bread. We had the soup and ½ sandwich deal.

Now to talk about the condo, it’s HUGE!! And I got the huge queen bed as well! There’s a spacious living room with TV, and nice bathrooms and the rooms are all really nicely done. Aaron and Mark are sharing a room (bunk beds); Ian, Colm and Carl (the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland people) are sharing a room (Carl on the top bunk, Ian on the bottom bunk and Colm on the single bed); Maggie and I are sharing a room as well. Maggie has the single and I got the queen. I feel bad though, cos I was the last to get in, but Maggie was generous enough to give me the queen.

If you are reading this Lucas, the 3 RCSI boys say HI!!!

We had dinner at the hospital (all 3 meals are provided by the hospital and the accommodation is free as well), and after that we hung around the condo and got to know each other a bit better.

We finally got to bed at 1130! Yawn!


Inscribed @ 11:52 pm

-raison d'être-

Crimson Bisque
Seconded by her friends
Hooked after a few blogs
Doomed to express herself
every now and then

Crimson: red
Bisque: White unglazed porcelein
Crimson bisque:
A little rough around the edges,
rather fragile and stained red by the
change Jesus’ death and his blood
has brought about in my life

-Articulate-



-Noteworthy-

Marc
Dan
Asunder
Nev
Jov
Limz
Siao Charn
Yandao Hanting
Enz
Lucas
Henghwa
Helen
Karen Tee
Chee Wei
Nick Chow
George
Jason
Zhiyi
BNgKY
Eugene
Serene
Ningz
Haoyun
Siying
Jasline
Mel
Oswald
Gordon
Bonos
Jon
Skins

Blogger
Skins


-Annals-

Memoirs
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com