Monday, July 10, 2006



Day 2: Washington: July 1 2006

We had a wee lie in before taking the metro to McPherson Square, and to… the White House. Once again, time passes, and high security, meant that we could only take pictures (VERY far away) of the façade. L So we ended up wandering around and stopped by a nearby park to have our usual cereal bar breakfast.

We took the train to the pentagon next. We could only take pictures OUTSIDE the train station, and even then we could only take a picture of the pentagon WALL, that’s how pathetic it was.

From there we took the train to Arlington Cemetry, where we saw the grave stones of many famous people, like JFK and his wife, as well as the astronauts that died when the Challenger exploded on takeoff, and the tomb of the unknown soldier, where we witnessed the changing of the guards. And that’s where MY camera decided to give up on me, while I was taking a video. I thought Marc would appreciate it, but my camera gave up on me at the most critical moment. I had thought it was the cold that killed my batteries, but it turns out, the camera is just crap!

Next up was Dupont Circle, where the affluent gay pple of Washington live. But we checked out Kramerbooks, a lovely bookshop with a very wide selection of books, too bad they were regular prices, so I couldn’t really afford to buy any. Then we headed to Safeway, where we bought sandwiches for lunch. To quote aaron, “the safeway here puts the ones in uk to shame with their range”.

We headed back to the hotel to bum around since there wasn’t much to do. (govt buildings are closed on sat, so the FBI, the Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing [it prints money!]

We just bummed around the hotel room and watched Blue Streak and The Haunting, simultaneously (ads are soooo long here in the US)

We then headed out to get some continental food at Two Quails, but ended up at Café Berlin, to enjoy some German food. I had smoked pork with sauerkraut and potatoes and Aaron had steak with spetzel and fantastic potatoes.

I had felt nauseuous before dinner like I did after dinner last night. Maybe it was cause I had eaten too much and I the very thought of food just made me feel sick.

Went back and watched Independence Day before heading to bed! early day the next day!


Inscribed @ 11:51 pm

-raison d'être-

Crimson Bisque
Seconded by her friends
Hooked after a few blogs
Doomed to express herself
every now and then

Crimson: red
Bisque: White unglazed porcelein
Crimson bisque:
A little rough around the edges,
rather fragile and stained red by the
change Jesus’ death and his blood
has brought about in my life

-Articulate-



-Noteworthy-

Marc
Dan
Asunder
Nev
Jov
Limz
Siao Charn
Yandao Hanting
Enz
Lucas
Henghwa
Helen
Karen Tee
Chee Wei
Nick Chow
George
Jason
Zhiyi
BNgKY
Eugene
Serene
Ningz
Haoyun
Siying
Jasline
Mel
Oswald
Gordon
Bonos
Jon
Skins

Blogger
Skins


-Annals-

Memoirs
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com